Random Fridays is a weekly meme hosted by Rebeca at “Books and Messy Buns”. Anyone can join, you just have to do the following:
- Pick up the book you’re currently reading (or read last)
Go to this random number generator and insert the total amount of pages in your book
- Generate a random number
- Open your book to the page with the number you got
- Repeat step 2 and 3 but with the number of lines in that page
- Your random sentence is the first sentence in the line with the number you got (it doesn’t matter if the sentence starts a few lines before)
- Share your sentence, book title and author with the book community :)
My Random Sentence:
The young Warriors-to-Be were experienced burglars and soldiers, of course, so the crept through the castle like seasoned commandos.
— page 70, How to Train Your Dragon, Book Nine: How to Steal a Dragon’s Sword by Cressida Cowell.
P.S. Was anyone else SUPER excited for the release of the twelfth book, How to Fight a Dragon’s Fury? My mom ordered it for me and my brother, and it arrived today!