I’m going to be hosting a writing challenge, inspired by Kathryn‘s Fantasy Literature Camp. Introducing . . .
C.W.W.C. for short. :) Every three days, I’ll post a writing prompt — dialogue, character inspiration, a cool photo, maybe a mix of the three. You will then be asked to write a story based on the prompt(s) provided. It doesn’t even have to be a full story. You could write the first few paragraphs, a prologue, whatever floats your boat.
Here’s how to sign up: comment on this post with your name and blog URL. Tell me that you would like to participate. Also, tell me which team you would prefer to be on.
Let me tell you about the teams. How many people sign up determines how many teams there will be. Six to eight people equals two teams, and if I get more (which I don’t really except to happen) there will be three teams.
I will divide the participants up into teams, and at the end of C.W.W.C., the one with the most points will win. Points are earned by posting your stories on time and writing creatively.
Now you get to vote for team names! I picked several book-inspired names and put them in the poll below. Vote for your favorites!
Please only vote once!
I’ll explain the rules one more time:
- I’ll post a writing prompt, and you will be challenged to write a story, prologue, or chapter inspired by it.
- You’ll have three days to post your story on your blog.
- Once you’ve posted it, drop me a comment with a link to the story (I promise I’ll read it!).
- I’ll give your team points for creativity and posting on time.
- Have fun!
To sign up:
- Comment on this post with your name and blog URL.
- Tell me which team you would like to be on (I can’t promise you a spot on your favorite team, though — sorry).
On December 4th, I’ll announce the winning names and assign people to teams. Camp lasts the whole month of December, but you’ll get a break over Christmas.