My mom is easing me back into a school routine, so summer is pretty much over. That being said, at the beginning of summer, I posted a summer bucket list. Now that the school-free months are over, it’s time to see how well I did!
Key: red = not done. Green = done. Blue = Sort of.
1. Go to a drive-in movie. I slept over at my best friend Izzy’s house, and we went to watch Finding Dory and Alice Through the Looking Glass. I actually ran into my other best friend Kelsie at the drive-in theater, and her family watched the movies with us.
2. Go to sleep-away camp. Izzy and I went to AHG camp with our moms for a whole week in August. It was at a Boy Scout camp and was tons of fun. I wrote a separate post about camp that I’ll get up eventually.
3. Run a 5k. Aye! My dad and I drove home early on our last day of vacation so we could get to the 5k in time. We met up with Izzy and her dad, who ran with us. There were tons of fun obstacles along the racecourse, like giant hay bales, monkey bars, Dumpsters filled with ice water (which we had to swim through), waterslides, mud pits, and more. It was exhausting, but good.
4. Breathe in helium and sing “Follow the Yellow Brick Road.” Nope. I never got around to it; and I never got a helium balloon. ;)
5. Walk through a drive-thru. Again, no. I’m not old enough to drive, and there aren’t any fast food places within walking distance of my house. I didn’t really get an opportunity to complete this one.
6. Start a book of memories with my best friends. Sort of . . .? I have pictures, I just never picked a book and put the photos in it.
7. Write 5,000 words for my novel. Yep! I wrote 6,294 words — a little bit over my goal.
8. Make crayon art. No . . . *sigh* IT LOOKS SO PRETTY, THOUGH.
9. Buy a mermaid tail. I actually did this one (surprise, surprise!), and I’m so glad I did! I love my mermaid tail. <3 I got mine from FinFun.
10. Make a candy pizza. OH MY GOODNESS, IT WAS LIKE CONCENTRATED DIABETES. BUT SO GOOD.
11. Try archery. I did it at summer camp, and I was actually OK at it. I earned AHG’s Archery badge!
12. Be able to run a mile. Well, I ran a 5k, so I would hope that I accomplished this.
13. Go on several fishing trips. One . . . definitely counts as several. Definitely.
14. Do a photoshoot with my best friends. Yeah . . .no. I didn’t see Kelsie (the one friend I knew would do this with me) very much this summer. But I shall rope her into it later.
15. Have a Disney movie marathon. *sad, sad little sigh*
16. Go to an amusement park. Hello, Hershey Park! It was awesome. :D
17. Spend the night in the back of my dad’s truck. Meh. Izzy’s dad’s truck, from about 6 PM to 1 in the morning.
18. Get free Slurpees from 7-Eleven on July 11th. Check!
19. Go to a water park. Our library usually gives water park tickets to the winners of their summer reading program, but not this year. So I didn’t get to go. :/
20. Have a water balloon fight. Did this at a friend’s birthday party! She had water balloons filled with food dye. So cool.
Out of twenty, I did eleven; sort of did three; and didn’t do six. Not too bad, really!
What was the coolest thing you did this summer?