i saw this on tabi’s blog, and i wasn’t tagged, but i’m doing it anyway. because why not? i love christmas and want some of those good old holiday vibes on here.
let’s get into it. :)
– thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog
– add the picture in your blog (the red one above)
– copy these rules into your post
– add a link to the original post (littlediyprojects.wordpress.com/thechristmastag)
– answer the ten questions (you can add extra christmas-related questions if you want)
– tag at least three other bloggers with links to their blogs
– have fun!
1) what’s your favorite thing about christmas?
this is going to sound selfish, but the presents. my love language is gifts, so receiving things makes me feel appreciated, and giving them is how i show others that they’re special to me. i also like driving around after dark and looking at all the lights and decorations.
2) what’s your favorite christmas memory?
spending the entirety of last year’s family christmas party hiding in the bathroom with a plate of dessert, of course.
i’m kidding, that kind of sucked. maybe exploring downtown with my friends and getting free cookies and cocoa at all the shops. or the time we got my brother a gift card for minecraft pc and put it in this freaking enormous box. but it managed to slip under a flap at the bottom, so when he opened it, he thought we hadn’t gotten him anything. that was fun.
3) are there special traditions your family has for christmas?
– for the past two years, we’ve gone to see the new star wars movie at this fancy theater that serves you dinner while you watch.
– we always have fruit salad and french toast for christmas breakfast.
– my brother and i go to our grandparent’s house to make giant gingerbread bears or houses.
4) what’s your christmas wish? (can be personal or general)
i’d just like to be happy on christmas day so i can enjoy it. my family gets frustrated with me if i’m sad around holidays and i don’t want to bring them all down this year.
5) what’s your favorite christmas dish?
i guess candy canes probably don’t count as a dish, but i’m going with that anyway.
6) what’s your favorite christmas decoration?
definitely the lights!! i have a strand of pink ones somewhere that are absolutely gorgeous.
7) what’s your favorite christmas song?
carol of the bells. it’s a little bit eerie, in my opinion, and i love it for that.
8) where do you usually celebrate christmas?
we spend christmas eve with my dad’s side of the family for dinner, and christmas day at home. then we celebrate with my mom’s side after the holiday, when we go to my grandma’s house or to my uncle’s place in another state.
9) what does the “christmas spirit” mean to you?
to quote the song i won’t be home for christmas // blink-182: “it’s time to be nice to the people you can’t stand all year.”
10) who out of anybody in the world would you want to spend your christmas with?
my pal n. he’s one of my best friends, but i never get to see him anymore.
i’m terrible at tagging people, so if you want to do it, go ahead.
there are going to be a few more christmas/winter-themed posts before the month is up. i hope you guys don’t get too bored of holiday posts.
my friend izzy is taking me shopping today, so i can pick out my own present. i’m hoping to find some fall out boy or all time low cds, succulents, or more pins/patches for my jacket. i’ll show you what i get in my christmas haul post, whenever that is.
have a good day! :)